Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hello! Is anybody home?

Hello!!
*pushing aside cobwebs*
I wasn't even sure this blog would still be here. :D

It's over two years since I first came here.
I started this blog because it was on my to do list. Keeping up with it was however, not on that list. I'm back now and I will make an effort to be consistent.

My life has taken a turn I didn't anticipate.
I know God has a plan, I don't know the details, so I'm going to focus on enjoying the journey. This blog is one of the tools I hope would help.

Let me tell you a little about myself....

I'm not going to try to be anonymous, because I'm sure I'll give myself up soon enough and besides, I don't see the need to be.

I'm a happy-go-lucky girl, who loves life. I have a knack for seeing perspectives other's don't (I think that's because my wiring is a bit *read very* off). I've learnt from my trials to be grateful for every blessing, especially the ones that money cannot buy. I'm blessed.
I'm a wife (to a great guy called D) and a mother (to two delightful children).

I love to make clothes. I just know how to create pieces that make people ask 'who made this?' People have a hard time believing that I do not have formal training. It's an innate talent. I have been making clothes since I left uni in '02 and it's been my full time job since '05. It has been a very fulfilling and profitable journey. I have made many women happy and developed valuable friendships along the way.

Working out of my home in Lagos, I have served clients from around the world and I was satisfied with where my business was headed. That was until.....(There's a long story there, which I'll share with you later on ;) )

Now I'm moving to America for a few years.
I'm on a quest to turn this God given talent into a skill and become the best at what I do, which is 'to create clothes that flatter the curves of real women, making them not only look good, but feel good' .
My dream is to dress the First Lady and Oprah. And you. Yes, you!

This blog chronicles my journey as I evolve from being "That Gbemi girl who makes nice clothes" to "Gbemi, The world class couturier"

Here's some of the stuff I've done


I'll keep you updated as I go along, and I'll share my projects with you.
I invite you to go along with me on this journey.

I read this somewhere, and it has changed my attitude to life.
"Your talent is God's gift to you; what you do with it is your gift to Him"



4 comments:

  1. I really liked
    "Your talent is God's gift to you; what you do with it is your gift to Him"
    Really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm glad you you were inspired. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via a comment you left on Bella Naija and I have just gone thru ur blog...love your work, amazing that you are self taught. The sky is the limit ojare.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your work and my jaw is on the floor! You've got such a great talent and you put it to such good use. Welldone!
    Thanks for coming by. The sky is only the beginning xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Do drop a line. Thanks...